Our website address is: https://aprilroadliving.com
What personal data do we collect?
When you shop on our website we collect information such as name, address, telephone number, email address in order for us to process and complete your order. We do not store payment information on our servers, this is handled by our payment service providers, Paypal and Stripe, and is stored on their servers. If you contact us by phone to make an order we do not store your payment information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How do we collect personal data:
1. When you place an order with us
2. When you submit an email to us on our contact page
3. When you leave a product review
4. We may use non-personal information about you such as IP address, device type or geographical location in order to monitor activity on our website to better understand how our website is being used, and what countries our visitors come from. This data is tracked Google Analytics; for further information, see the Google Analytics privacy policies. However, we do not match your IP address to any other information that would identify you as a unique individual person.
While you visit our site, we’ll also track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating shipping/delivery charges
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate delivery before you place an order, and send you the order!
How do we process your data
Personal data collected is used in the processing and delivering of orders. Email addresses may also be used to send you marketing communications (if you have opted in to receive them). You can opt out of these at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our emails.
Browsing behaviour data is collected and analysed to see how well our website is performing on a variety of electronic devices and internet browsers.
We also use this data for re-marketing in conjunction with Google, facebook and Instagram which allows us to display adverts to you on third party websites after you have visited our website. To opt out of this please visit each sites ad settings.
Who will process this data?
How long we retain this data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). For unregistered users we keep your order information on file until we have completed your order request plus 30 days in case of any issues that may arise or in the event of a refund request.
How we protect your Data
We use SSL encrypted certificate. SSL is secure certificate that offers three layers of protection: encryption, which means that all data sent between a browser (client) and a website (server) are encrypted so that even if data are stolen or intercepted a hacker won’t be able to decrypt them.
We also ensure all our staff are trained in Data protection laws to further protect your data.
Access to Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information we retain about you or to have data erased in certain circumstances. Please visit our Contact page to request this.