Gift Wrapping Skills
Gift wrapping has always been one of my most favourite things to do. Even as a child I loved saving the paper from gifts to cover my school books!
At Christmas, I like to get on the ball early and set up a wrapping station for myself on the kitchen island when the kiddies are in bed. Then I like the opportunity to admire all my pretty wrapping for a couple of weeks before delivering!
Preparation is key to reducing frustration, as is a beautiful selection of wrapping paper, accessories, tags, bows and anything pretty to wrap your gifts. (TK Maxx is my favourite hotspot for sourcing these). In saying that,
One of my all time favourite looks is brown paper and a nice piece of ribbon.
Handing over a beautifully wrapped gift speaks volumes about your attention to detail and your thoughts about the receiver. So here are my steps to the perfect Gift wrapping each time!
- When you see a nice roll of paper, whether you need it or not, pick it up!
- Make sure to use nice sharp scissors. (I got a special roll cutter from Amazon and I love it).
- Have your tape all ready, preferably in a dispenser.
- As they say, “Measure twice and cut once”.
- Make sure to firmly fold in visible edges to get a clean neat finish.
- Wrap with ribbon of choice and tie a nice full bow, alternatively use some fun washi tape on plain paper.
- Add a name tag if you wish or push a little greenery/flower into the bow.
- Experiment a little with texture and don’t be afraid to go bold, it’s all coming off anyways.
- Perhaps team your gift up with the perfect card from The Pear In Paper.
Shop your favourite homeware gifts here at April Road.
Leave a Reply